The final FOCAPD Program is located at this link: FOCAPD Program
Latest update: July 4, 2019
Note changes in times for Thursday, July 18th.
IDAES Workshop - Wednesday July 17 (open to all attendees)
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Institute for the Design of Advanced Energy Systems (IDAES) was formed in 2016 to develop new advanced process systems engineering (PSE) capabilities to support the design and optimization of innovative new processes that go beyond current equipment/process constraints. Led by the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL), IDAES is a collaborative partnership among NETL, Sandia National Laboratories, Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory, Carnegie Mellon University, West Virginia University and the University of Notre Dame.
The IDAES process systems engineering framework addresses the capability gap between state-of-the-art simulation packages and general algebraic modeling languages (AMLs). IDAES integrates an extensible, equation-oriented process model library with the open-source package Pyomo. This integration addresses challenges in formulation and advanced analysis of large, complex, process optimization problems.
In this workshop, users will have the opportunity to learn the basics of the IDAES framework including a quick introduction on the relevant basics of Python and Pyomo. The workshop consists of four different modules that have been designed to be a hands-on tutorial that attendees can follow along during the workshop. Workshop attendees will learn to use the different unit models in the unit model library, linking different unit models for flowsheet simulation and optimization, and to develop custom unit models using the IDAES framework.
- Jaffer Ghouse, Andrew Lee – National Energy Technology Laboratory
- Carl Laird, Michael Bynum – Sandia National Laboratories
Location – Ballroom Bighorn B
Time: 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- 3:00 – 3:10 Introduction and initial set up of jupyter notebook
- 3:10 – 3:30 Module 0 – Introduction to Python and Pyomo
- 3:30 – 4:30 Module 1 – Using the IDAES Unit Model Library – Flash tank example
- 4:30 – 5:00 Refreshment Break
- 5:00 – 6:00 Module 2 – Flowsheet simulation and optimization
- 6:00 – 7:00 Module 3 – Custom unit model development in IDAES
- Conference Organization
- Matthew J. Realff
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Carl Laird
- Sandia National Laboratories and
- Salvador García Muñoz
- Eli Lilly
- Conference Information
- Robin Craven
- Conference Manager
- New Conference
- Foundations of Process Analytics and Machine learning - FOPAM
- August 6 - 9, 2019 - Raleigh, NC